Hello and welcome! We’re so glad to have you here with us
Here, we embrace and celebrate the sheer diversity of Black identity and welcome members regardless of gender, sexuality, nationality, industry and seniority.
In order to have a productive, constructive and fun experience with our community, there are a few basics that you should keep in mind:
- This community is a safe space for aspiring, studying and practising Black technologists where our members can share experiences, validate ideas, resolve challenges and build relationships.
- We use the tag system extensively to provide context and organisation across different discussion topics. For example, if you use the how-can-i-do-this tag, it becomes easier for interested members in the community to find and engage with your posts.
- To encourage high-quality, constructive conversations, our members are given more access based on community trust levels. The more time you spend reading and making meaningful contributions, the higher the trust level you’re granted.
How to get started?
- Complete your profile and add your profile picture. Other members are more likely to respond if they know something about you, especially if they can put a face to the name.
- Manage your notifications to track categories and tags of interest to you.
- Don’t be shy - every new opinion, a different perspective, and every question, no matter how simple or advanced, makes this community better. As long as you follow our Community Guidelines , all topics are welcome!