What's your point?

What do you use as the main pointing device on your computer? Share any recommendations for your favourite!

• Mouse
  • Vertical mouse
  • Trackpad
  • Trackball
  • Touchscreen
  • Other

0 voters

After trying the Magic Mouse, various branded Mouses, and a dedicated Trackpad… I have settled with the Logitec MX Master 3, and its accompanying keyboard. I hesitated on spending that much on a mouse for over a year, and as soon as I purchased it, I wished I had bought it earlier! Haven’t looked back since!

2 Likes

I got a MX3 when I had to manage two laptops on my desk and while there are definitely use-cases for which the greater precision is preferable (e.g. graphic editing), I reverted to my Magic Trackpad because I just can’t give up the full multitouch experience; even programming the buttons and rollers on the MX doesn’t give me the same fluidity. But it’s definitely the best mouse I’ve ever laid my hands on. :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

After trying the trackpad consistently for a month, my hands always felt like they’d done a workout at the end of the day! If I am editing, I might occasionally use the trackpad for the odd gesture… but the mouse is my main weapon of choice :smiley:

Lol! It’s the opposite for me. Sometimes if I want to rest my hand, I’ll just switch to using my left for a bit, but that’s impossible (or at least, highly impractical) with the MX.

I usually use my Magic trackpad for my Mac when I’m using it in clamshell mode but if my fingers are beginning to cramp I switch over to my MX Master 3 Logitech mouse. I feel like Logitech did great when making that mouse for power users switching between multiple windows and tabs, plus it’s super comfortable to use for hours :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good to see someone else with the Magic Trackpad/MX3 combo! :grin:

When I use my mac I use a track pad but I am probably ditching the mac and going back to a PC. So started to use a mouse again.

5 posts were split to a new topic: .NET dev on macOS